The Laws of Badminton and Competition Regulations in the BWF Statutes provide the detail on every aspect of the game of badminton. Below is a brief overview – simplified rules.
- A match consists of the best of 3 games of 21 points.
- Every time there is a serve – there is a point scored.
- The side winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that game.
- At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
- The side winning a game serves first in the next game.