Richmond Hill Blue Sky Badminton at Yonge/19th
The Club plays badminton in Richmond Hill Moraine Hills PS (NW Yonge / Gamble) and Beynon Fields PS (Bathurst / Gamble, new FI school, Inspiration). All locations have 3 courts with high ceiling and bright lights. NO drop-ins, Nylon shuttlecock (Yonex) is provided. Open to register for adults or age 15+ . All levels are welcome and meet new friends here. Most time, will play recreational doubles rally games.
LOCATIONS AND PLAY TIME: $70/MEMBER/SESSION/SEASON, NON-TRANSFERABLE, if one member registers for 2+ sessions, save $10 from the total.
General close days: March break, Good Friday holiday, 2 weeks during xmas. PA days still open
GYM:1: Moraine Hills PS, 85 Rolling Hill Road, Richmond Hill, L4E 4C7.
* Use the side door on the east side of the building. (The entrance to the parking lot, will be locked after 8:45pm.)
- Session-1: Tuesdays 8:05pm – 10:20pm, Sep 20, 2022 — Jun 13, 2023 (Blackout: Dec-27, Jan-03, Mar-14) – 2 spots available
- Session-2: Fridays 8:05pm – 10:20pm, Sep 23, 2022 — Jun 16, 2023 (Blackout: Dec-30, Jan-06, Mar-17 [march break], Apr-07 [good friday]) – 3 spots available
GYM-2: Beynon Fields PS, 258 Selwyn Rd, Richmond Hill, L4E 0R9 * East Entrance, locked all time. Ring bell to enter
- Session-3: Tuesdays 8:00pm – 10:20pm, Sep 20, 2022 — Jun 13, 2023 (Blackout: Dec-27, Jan-03, Mar-14) – [Full]
- Session-4: Fridays 8:05pm – 10:20pm, Sep 23, 2022 — Jun 16, 2023 (Blackout: Dec-30, Jan-06, Mar-17 [march break], Apr-07 [good friday])
Each session accepts up to 24 members; NO DROP-IN
Yonex nylon shuttlecock is included, you need to bring your own racket.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; fees due on the opening day, or EMT to this email.
Youth Training program:
Trillium Woods p.s. (Friday) email for details.
To have an enjoyable playing atmosphere, we all have to obey the rules. Any misbehavior (causing disturbance to other players or games, not cooperative or rough manners) player will be expelled from the Badminton Club and refund accordingly. The club rules bellow must be obeyed.
- Rally 21-point game (Link: New 21 Points Scoring Rules or 10 minutes maximum for each play, then get off the court and let the waiting players play. If no waiting ones, you may switch side and continue another game. Warm-up 3 minutes at the first play
- All players bring your own racquets, or your own feather birdies if you like (the club provides Yonex nylon shuttles.)
- Help set up and clear nets and poles.
- Non-markable indoor shoes is a must (for your safety – outdoor shoes might bring in snow/rain water, causing dangerous slippery)
- Nut free snacks only in the school gym
- All members need sign a Waiver Form upon playing on site.
- Aug 2008, Beijing Olympic Games volunteer
- Aug 2009, Tennis Rogers Cup volunteer at York U.
- Jan 2009, Badminton Toronto Open volunteer. Michelle Li (national team, from Markham) was playing there.
- 2006-2010, 10000trees Volunteers
- 2007-2013, Strides for Stroke 5K Run for York Central Hospital Foundation
2014 Eevent Info: Richview Manor Strides For Stroke 5K Run/Walk On May 3, 2014
The club will continue to support non-profit non-political local events. We’ll try to post some non-profit events on this website in the future.
Help your community, help yourself.